The purpose of our Facebook pages and social media accounts are to inform members and supporters about our campaigns and promote discussion of the same.
We want to encourage engagement and debate, but acknowledge that sometimes we must remove content when people don’t 'play nice’. While defamatory, offensive or violent language will be removed, we tend to err on the side of freedom rather than remove all content. For example, a comment on an example of taxpayer money being wasted such as “That is f*cken ridiculous” is unlikely to be removed. Profanity directed at an individual however, such as “XYZ is a ...”, will certainly be removed and the user may be blocked from the page.
The following are likely to also result in a user being banned and/or their comments removed:
- "Trolling”, or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
- Discussion of illegal activity
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
- Acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Content that relates to confidential or proprietary information
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the forum
- Promoting competing products, services, or brands
- Personal promotion
If you feel these rules have been broken, or would otherwise like to contact us about these rules, please us our contact us page.