This full-time role is based in our Wellington office.Politically minded? Thrive supporting a dedicated political lobby group and knowing you’re making a difference. As Grassroots Coordinator you’ll manage the engagement of supporters through email, phone and at events. You can grow the role, later taking on campaign work or gain an excellent grounding for parliament or public service.
Enjoy a busy role; day-to-day it’s all go starting from the 8.30 staff meeting, You’ll respond to multiple email queries, load and monitor social media posts, coordinate petitions and support the Campaign Managers with communications. Organise and attend road shows, and A&P type events to arrange community awareness, arranging volunteer support prior.
To succeed in the role you’re…
- Politically minded, you can identify with supporters. Ideally, you’re University qualified, likely in political studies or communications
- People oriented; you love connecting and communicating with others
- Confident within yourself, demonstrated in your dealings with others and your self-belief
- Exceptional at written communication; you can respond to the majority of queries without input and draft complicated responses
- Articulate; your verbal communication assists you to engage with community groups
- Super-efficient and organised; you can handle the influx of inquiries while juggling multiple projects, and prioritising work for the hottest campaign
- Resilient with a sense of humour; you don’t take onboard the occasional hot-headed email and your diplomacy helps you in your response
The Taxpayers’ Union is New Zealand’s largest political advocacy group, using the power of our 200,000 subscribed members and supporters to fight for Lower Taxes, Less Waste, More Transparency. We raise awareness and hold politicians to account using hard-hitting original research combined with people power. This is a full-time role based in our nice working environment on Lambton Quay and are a 7-minute walk from Wellington Railway Station.
So, if you’d love a coordination role where you can become immersed in the important matters of the day, let’s talk!
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the Taxpayers' Union to [email protected]