This full-time role is based in our Wellington office.
The New Zealand Taxpayers’ Union is looking for a recent graduate or someone with a few years’ work experience to undertake high-quality research to support our work. Be part of a nimble and dedicated lobby group that holds government to account. Help to provide the substance to back our campaigns that drive improvements to public policy. Thrive seeing your research utilised to make an impact.
This is a broad role and day-to-day you’ll carry out a range of different tasks, including:
- Preparing briefing papers
- Drafting, submitting and following up Official Information Act requests
- Conducting literature reviews
- Collating and analysing data
- Supporting the work of the Pubic Policy and Economic Researcher
- Drafting media releases and blog posts
- Undertaking administrative tasks as required
You will likely have a keen interest in current affairs and politics, but to thrive you will need to have the following qualities:
- Experience in research, analysis and report writing
- Graduates with experience in economics are highly desirable
- Articulate, you can write clearly and concisely
- Adaptable, you can work in a dynamic environment where priorities change. You can pick, up, drop, and return to campaigns, ensuring research is available for the key issues of the day
- Right-leaning; because of the nature of the organisation, sympathy with economically-conservative, or liberal viewpoints is more likely, but if you’re not that’s fine too
The Taxpayers’ Union is New Zealand’s largest political advocacy group on the centre-right, using the power of our 20,000 subscribed members and to fight for Lower Taxes, Less Waste, More Transparency.
We combine hard-hitting original research with people power to expose examples of wasteful government spending, stop costly new taxes, fight for transparent government, and hold politicians to account at both the national and local level. We take pride in punching above our weight, and being hungry, nimble, and responsive to the donors who make our work possible.
This is a full-time role based in our Wellington office on Lambton Quay.
So, if you’d love to use your research nous for a grassroots organisation to drive change, please apply.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the Taxpayers' Union to [email protected]