'Do as I say, not as I do' attitude from Auckland Transport
News that Auckland Transport forked out $122,000 of ratepayers’ money for a six month trial of an employee shuttle service has gone down in Auckland like a lead balloon.
Auckland Council has been left scrambling in an attempt to save face.
We are concerned by the prevalence of the cavalier attitude towards ratepayers’ money that is seemingly embedded in Auckland Council and some of its associated organisations.
A concerned supporter of the Taxpayers’ Union has written in to us with a list of questions that need to be raised about this latest Auckland Transport gaffe. We’ve condensed them down to the following:
- How many staff need to travel from the Henderson Auckland Transport office into the city office for meetings?
- How often are these commutes made?
- Have alternative options, such as using remote collaboration tools or programmes such as Skype been investigated?
- What efforts have been made to ensure greater efficiencies through the scheduling of all or most of these meetings on a single day?
- Have any feasibility studies been undertaken to ascertain whether or not it would be more efficient to relocate affected staff members from theHenderson office to the city office?