Are you politically minded and care about how government resources are managed?
Thrive leading the funding for a pressure group that stand for lower taxes, less waste and transparent government. Manage the fundraising calendar to professionalise and increase fund-raising activities, manage large donor relationships and increase income to further the mission.
You’ll carry out the fundraising plan focusing on the large donor cycle. Identify and develop fundraising opportunities using research and existing campaigns as leverage. Prepare and manage supporting materials such as pitches, collateral, DM campaigns and the CRM system. Cultivate and nurture relationships that will likely extend fundraising.
Flexibility to manage your hours will balance the need for always being available.
To create impact you’ll have the following attributes:
- You keep up with news and current events, and legislative developments; it’s just who you are
- Articulate, you’re a confident spokesperson and strong relationship manager
- Your professional approach enables you to attend to donors, supporters, volunteers, and the Board
- Self-driven, you believe in the organisational mission and have the flexibility to work evenings and some weekends as necessary, and travel within NZ a couple of times a month
- Organised, you maintain and manage contact lists and help coordinate events and campaigns
- Not hold any office in any political party or partisan affiliation
The Taxpayers’ Union is New Zealand’s largest political advocacy group, using the power of our 175,000 subscribed members and supporters to fight for Lower Taxes, Less Waste, More Accountability. We raise awareness and hold politicians to account using hard-hitting original research combined with people power.
The role reports to the Executive Director. While the role has previously been based in our Auckland office, we are also open to considering applicants who wish to work from Wellington.
So, if you’d like to coordinate the engagement efforts for large and potential donors and care about the future of New Zealand politics, let’s talk!
Salary is competitive and negotiable based on experience.
To apply for this role, please provide a CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and how it is relevant to the role to [email protected]